Old July 9th 17, 07:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Pat[_7_] Pat[_7_] is offline

Default Magnetic receiving loop theory

On Sun, 09 Jul 2017 10:53:33 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

How can a varying electric field from a noise source
not also create a corresponding magnetic field?

The transmitter generates both. You can reduce the sensitivity of a
receiving loop to the electric E field by shielding, leaving only the
magnetic H component.

I understand making antennas that are sensitive to only the H field.
My question is why would I want to? If the noise has both components,
how does an H field only antenna reduce unwanted noise?

Pat