Old December 13th 03, 10:26 AM
Dr. A.T. Squeegee

Default Why Throw $$ to the ARRL???

In article , says...

What has the ARRL done for me?
Nothing! Nothing at all!

What has ARRL done for the hobby that you, me, and loads of other
amateurs all over the U.S. have the privilege of enjoying?

Lots.

To paraphrase a once-popular (if a bit corny) line: "Ask not what
the ARRL has done for you, the individual. Ask instead what they have
done for amateur radio as a whole."

If you don't want to join, that's fine. There's no coercion
involved at all. However, be aware that there are plenty of hamateurs
Out There who are ready, willing, and able to disagree with what you're
saying about the organization in general (and I'm one of them).

73 de KC7GR (Proud to be an ARRL 'Life Member')

--
Dr. Anton Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)