Old July 18th 17, 10:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
George Cornelius George Cornelius is offline

Default France is Finished!

In article , analogdial writes:
DhiaDuit wrote:

Martin Van Buren, John Quincy Adams, and the Only Real President America has ever had in my life time, Dwight David Eisenhower. They were 'chrome domes'

The 7F8 in my SX 62 has so much getter on the inside of the glass that

Ah, a hexadecimal tube name. A 2040.

Actually, though, unfamiliar with such a tube. Is it a tuning eye?
I guess not. That would have been the 6F6, I suppose.

it COMPLETELY OBSCURES THE UNSIGHTLY ELEMENTS!

It has a reflective, enigmatic look to it, as if the tube itself does
not exist, only the reflection of the world around it.

As a product of the early 50s, it would be equally at home as a prop on
Science Fiction Theater or as an integral part of Klaatu's intersteller
drive.

Does the tube say Klaatu barada nikto on the glass envelope? Now
that would be a collector's item.

SYLVANIA SHOULD BE PROUD!!!