Old July 26th 17, 07:24 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default Full wave antennae on 137kHz?

In rec.radio.amateur.antenna Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:
On 26/07/2017 17:58, wrote:
In rec.radio.amateur.antenna Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:
On 25/07/2017 23:09,
wrote:
In rec.radio.amateur.antenna Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:
On 25/07/2017 22:07,
wrote:
In rec.radio.amateur.antenna Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:
On 25/07/2017 20:04,
wrote:
In rec.radio.amateur.antenna Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:
Drove onto the field on Tuesday and was dismayed to
see a big banner marked Tomlinson, which portended
a bum job, but it turned out to be a scorcher being
a fence judge at the Dauntsey horse trials.

Taking my cue from the coupling loop that feeds a
mag loop antenna, and sitting pretty much under
the 400kV pylon line, I wondered about the possibility
of using a loop to couple into the electricity grid and
so giving the equivalent of a Beverage at 137kHz?

In most places using someone else's property without permission is concidered
a bad thing to do.

How do you prevent your transmissions from passing through the
airspace of the countless millions whose permission you have not sought?

A very different thing than "using a loop to couple into the electricity grid".

Pretty much the same; using others' property to radiate.

Not at all.

Well, we've both made our positions clear and there is no common
ground between us. Let's leave it there.

Yeah, right, using my own antennas on my own land is just the same as
going onto the utility easment and setting up equipment to use the utilities
equipment.

ITYM, "antennae"

It is "antennas" for the things connected to radios and "antennae" for
things connected to insects and arthopods even in the UK, not just in the
US, according to Collins English Dictionary.

--
Jim Pennino