Old January 7th 04, 08:04 PM
Stef

Yes, it is a very good choice, BUT by all means, you have to attach
the ladder line directly to your tuner.

You can add more ladderline, if you can order one with the length of
ladderline you need.
The ladderline is not easy to install because it must not be near to
metal objects. And you may cause interference problems to your close
neighbors.

Like I was saying, since you live in an appartment building, a coax
feedline will be easier to install. You will also avoid interference
with the neighbors with some sort of a good choke balun (current
balun) that will prevent the coax shield from radiating.

A trap dipole, that is resonnant on some bands will also reduce
interference due to the feedline, because it will keep swr low on the
coax.

So, an antenna such as the Van Gorden "All Bander" would be a
better choice? I have a tuner - LDG Z100 and I made a "Balun"
by making a 5" dia 12 turn coax choke. I kinda like the idea of
the all bander antenna because 1) it has more wire and 2) it has
a longer ladder line, allowing it to reach my window. That way,
my feedpoint would only be 7 feet from the tuner (less loss in
the rg-58 coax).

Ken KG0WX