Old July 27th 17, 09:15 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default Antennae NOT antennas

In rec.radio.amateur.antenna Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:
On 27/07/2017 19:36, wrote:
In rec.radio.amateur.antenna Guy G4DWV 4X1LT wrote:
On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 16:06:57 -0000, just as I was about to take a
herb,
disturbed my reverie and wrote:

The dictionary is the authority on the correct spelling of words

So one chooses the dictionary that matches one's argument? Which
dictionary?

The one for the language and dialect you speak, obviously.

So if you consult an American dictionary you would start calling
fringes "bangs"? YUCK and BIG SPIT.

One would consult an American dictionary only if one wanted the American
meaning and spelling of a word, obviously.

They are not "movies", but "films".

Don't get me started at the misuse of the singular and plural cases of
verbs when discussing singular entities. For example, "the
Conservative Party are...", WRONG!

I feel better now. Thanks Gareth for providing a thread in which I can
vent my spleen.

The thing at the front of the car is called a hood and the thing at the
back of the car is a trunk.

Boots are what cowboys wear on their feet and bonnets are what the cowboy's
lady wears to church.

Jim Pendulumino seems to be a rebel without a cause, arguing
for the sake of the argument.

Shove the name calling up your ass, uneducated **** head.

Do you know that the English language has changed a bit since the time of
Shakespeare?

--
Jim Pennino