Old July 27th 17, 11:21 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roger Hayter Roger Hayter is offline

Default Antennae NOT antennas

rickman wrote:

Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote on 7/27/2017 2:48 PM:
On 27/07/2017 18:00, Guy G4DWV 4X1LT wrote:
On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 16:06:57 -0000, just as I was about to take a
herb, disturbed my reverie and wrote:

The dictionary is the authority on the correct spelling of words

So one chooses the dictionary that matches one's argument? Which
dictionary?

So if you consult an American dictionary you would start calling
fringes "bangs"? YUCK and BIG SPIT.

They are not "movies", but "films".

Don't get me started at the misuse of the singular and plural cases of
verbs when discussing singular entities. For example, "the
Conservative Party are...", WRONG!

As in, which is correct, in the case of a double
yolker, "The yolks of an egg is white"
or, "The yolks of an egg are white" ?

I had a double yoker just the other day. But here yokes are yellow. An egg
has to be from a very malnourished chicken for a yolk to be white.

I fear it was a trick question - English humour, unfortunately. Not
exactly technical antenna issues, admittedly.

--

Roger Hayter