Old July 30th 17, 09:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx
Phil Kane[_2_] Phil Kane[_2_] is offline

Default [KB6NU] My VHF/UHF SWR meter recommendation

On Sat, 29 Jul 2017 13:32:23 EDT,
(KB6NU via
rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin) wrote:

So, what do you all think? Did I steer my Elmeree in the right direction?
It doesnt seem to make sense to me to spend $100 for a VHF SWR meter when
you could purchase an antenna analyzer for not too much more. Are there any
other VHF/UHF SWR meters or antenna analyzers that you would recommend?

It makes more sense that if the ham in need is a member of a local ham
club (or else sign him or her up quickly!) that club members who have
the equipment and experience can assist and thereby teach hands-on. We
do that in our club and it is satisfying for both parties.

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest

Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon