Old August 1st 17, 09:12 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
[email protected] standriteind@gmail.com is offline

Default Midland 75-779 / SMT Hand Held Scanning / Dual watch

On Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 7:34:27 PM UTC-7, Freight ShakerXL wrote:
I have the midland 75-779 that i bought about 20 years ago i just got it out of storage an wanted to see if it still works. I do not have the dc in plug adapter for it anymore so i tryed to put the 8 AA batteries but then i realized it takes 2 other batteries that i have no idea what kind they are as its not marked in there there [ 1 on each side ]is a brass colored metal strip in each one .... can anybody tell me what goes in those 2 slots ? a AAA don't fit in there ?

I have the instruction manual and those are "dummy batteries". You use 8 AA alkaline and two dummies or 10 nickle cadmium AA batteries and take the dummies out. Save them in case you use the alkaline batteries later. They recommend the nickle cad batteries