Old August 3rd 17, 04:15 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.rec.models.engineering,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Chris[_11_] Chris[_11_] is offline

Default A mechanical phase locked loop!

On 08/03/17 13:44, Brian Reay wrote:

While I prefer mechanical watches, I favour Rolex (originally English,
BTW), I would quite like to get one of the 'tuning fork' watches,
ideally the version with the clear dial. Another classic.

Bulova Accutron. You can find them on US Ebay, not cheap, but even
the example with the exposed internals. Pretty neat watches, but not
sure how accurate they would be by now. Also like the early Junghans
Mega msf clocks. Bought one of those around 1990. Still keeps spot
on time and use it to rate the IBM clock and others...

Chris