Old August 6th 17, 12:17 PM
ldagan ldagan is offline
Junior Member

Post Ohmic losses- not microstrip.

Hello all. If we assume that the antenna's surrounding is air, then my assumption is that dielectric losses for the antenna are rather negligible. What type of antennas are usually showing higher effect of ohmic losses?
I mean, I know that reflector antennas are usually little susceptible to ohmic losses. But some types are not, my assumption would be loop antennae,
Another thing is attenuation in waveguides. I assume that it would be the case with many tens of GHZ, for rectangular device. But, as I am only guessing, as I have been out of the game for long.