Old August 6th 17, 10:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
rickman rickman is offline

Default Ohmic losses- not microstrip.

ldagan wrote on 8/6/2017 1:40 PM:
first of all, thanks.
I mean, yes, currents are higher, but I was talking in relative terms,
not absolute terms. I mean, reflectors and horn antennas can send very
strong currents, or are you referring to high current density?

The current density depends on your design. If you use a very small
conductor for a loop the density will be higher than if you use a large
conductor. But in both cases the current in the conductor will be much
higher than in many other antenna types.

--

Rick C