Old August 9th 17, 04:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.space,uk.radio.amateur,free.uk.amateur-radio
M0UKD via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin M0UKD via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin is offline

Default [M0UKD] International Space Station NA1ISS contact with GB4YOTA

M0UKD - Amateur Radio Blog

International Space Station NA1ISS contact with GB4YOTA

https://m0ukd.com/2017/08/internatio...-with-gb4yota/

On Tuesday 8th August, there was a planned contact between the ISS and YOTA
at 1837 UTC, so I decided to have a listen. There was an issue with the ISS
VHF downlink during this pass, so the contact was rescheduled to the next
pass, at 2015 UTC. You can hear Paolo IZØJPA apologise for the technical
issues they had on the first pass at the beginning of the contact.

I was lucky enough to be able to hear both GB4YOTA and NA1ISS from my
location, as the YOTA station was operating from Gilwell Park, which is
only 18km NW from my location. The video below shows my reception of the
contact. Antenna was a Diamond X-50 on the house, into an Icom IC-7100.