Old January 8th 04, 12:31 AM
Crazy George

Murray:

Don't be too hasty. I have a DB-410 with a set of DB-224 elements
interlaced and a 6 meter "J" out the top which has been up at this location
on a 100' tower since 1986, and was installed at another location for well
over 10 years before that. I admit we have little icing, and the highest
winds have been 85 MPH, but the performance has not degraded to a degree
measurable by range loss.

On the other hand, a better example might be my pre-WW2 Workshop brand beam.
Lets see, 2004 minus 1940 = 64. Check back in 6 years.

--
W5VPQ
Crazy George
"Murray Green, K3BEQ" wrote in message

Thank you, however, I doubt very seriously any antenna is going to
last over 70 years. But appreciate your input. Best estimate I
received from those in the business of installing the antennas is
in the area of 15-20 years.