Old August 15th 17, 09:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
analogdial analogdial is offline

Default HF "pirates" the F¢¢ don't give a **** about you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BDK wrote:

Most of the pirates are fun to listen to. The preachers and boring SW
shows in general aren't. I miss the BS news from the USSR, Cuba, etc.

I love the pirates. I wish the FCC and the ITU would create a class for
them, something like amateur radio. An idea floated here some years ago
was that the SW bands would be better treated as a national
resource and adminstered by the National Park Service, rather than by
the FCC.

SW radio risks becoming virtually abandoned. The more people who care
about SW radio, the better.