Old August 17th 17, 02:00 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Brian Reay[_5_] Brian Reay[_5_] is offline

Default Droning on ... vertical wire antennae

On 17/08/2017 12:33, Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:
Balloons and kites we've had, but what of drones to
hold the wire antenna aloft?

Ok, I hear you say about battery life, but taking
my cue from the Tesla / Edison wars, the AC / DC
arguments for transmitting power over long distances ...

''' what if the antenna were to be made from a bifilar
wire, bell flex or twin kevlar for lightness, with your
RF fed in parallel to both conductors, but superimposed
on the pair as separate wires, say, 20kV at 5kHz to
be transformed and "rectumfried" once it reaches the drone?

Then, you would not even need 2G4Hz control, it could be
superimposed of the HVAC.

Just an idea ...

It would radiate- even allowing for the twin wires, therefore you would
need a licence.

Then there are the practical things like insulation at 20kV, do you
really think 'bell wire' is designed for that?

At times it is almost like you deliberating spout silly ideas to get a
reaction but I suspect your engineering skills are really that bad you
don't know the ideas are silly.

are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud