Old August 19th 17, 03:08 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Guy G4DWV 4X1LT Guy G4DWV 4X1LT is offline

Default Droning on ... vertical wire antennae

On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 23:55:48 +0100, just as I was about to take a
herb, Brian Reay disturbed my reverie and wrote:

The idea does have its merits. With a bit of ingenuity, you could
arrange a 'station keeping' control using GPS and possible some sensors

When I was recently on holiday, some tool was flying one of these over
a crowded beach. It did seem to have a "stay put" feature as it would
hover in position so well, that I doubt that it was under manual
control.
--

73 de Guy G4DWV/4X1LT