Old August 19th 17, 04:23 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.dx
Rambo Rambo is offline

Default [S&DWS] Foundation Course Material in PDF Format

On Sat, 19 Aug 2017 15:35:41 +0100, "Jimbo"
wrote:

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
In message , Gareth's Downstairs Computer
writes
On 19/08/2017 10:34, Jimbo wrote:
sexes).
when I was newly licensed and poor I used 75 ohm TV coax and belling
lee
connectors on HF and got away with it .......

And it was standard on 145MHz. (QQV03-10 anyone?)

Actually, the original B&L connector is a pretty good 75 ohm match up to
1GHz and more. If I remember correctly, many 50 ohm BNCs are not so hot
500MHz. With 75 ohms, the problem is maintaining the structural return

loss constant while having enough PTFE insulation to hold the pin in
place. Some are only really good to around 200Mhz. Of course, for most
purposes, both are usable to much higher frequencies.

And mixable!

I got a load of weird connectors and adaptors from a guy that worked at the
sub base at New London in 1979 ...still using them ......

Type 43 connector?