Old August 21st 17, 06:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
DhiaDuit DhiaDuit is offline

Default Things are getting pretty bad when...

On Monday, August 21, 2017 at 12:25:23 PM UTC-5, analogdial wrote:
DhiaDuit wrote:

On Monday, August 21, 2017 at 7:58:17 AM UTC-5, analogdial wrote:
DhiaDuit wrote:

TIGHTEN UPPPPP,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wro3bqi4Eb8

Get the U.S.ARMY to show you HOW TO STEER!!

If I recall correctly, Archie Bell was on active duty in the Army when
his great hit charted.

My memory tells me he was recovering from injuries related to a traffic
accident on base.

I reckon there are millions of ways to be involved in an accident on Base and off Base too, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard. In Motor Pool or whatever. I was driving a Duce and a half combat truck on the road between the Tan Son Nhut North Gate and the Ammunition Supply Point where I worked. I was playing with the air valve under the dashboard, I ran off the road into that soft ground. Pretty soon an Air Force Motor Pool wrecker truck showed up and pulled me out of that ditch. I lied and told them a bumble bee was bothering me and caused me to run off the road.They believed my lie.

For what it's worth, Archie Bell was still actively touring as of 10
years ago and I found an interview in the Houston Chronicle:

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/m...er-1584537.php

He even mentions the deuce and a half:

"But Bell continued to work. When asked about the song Soldier's
Prayer, he says he "wrote it on the back of a Deuce and a Half
(transport vehicle) at Fort Polk, La."

Watching it on TV,,, Solar Eclipse is Magnanimous! Wunderbar! Amazing! Youtube Since I Met You Baby!