Old December 24th 03, 12:19 AM

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:13:51 -0800, "t...biteme" wrote:

Hello

I wisht o convert 30 minute tapes to a digital format.
Is it better to use MP3 or WAV files.

Best is the OGG Ogg Vorbis open source, open format. It's lossless _and_
compressed. Downside; not many players.

WAV are huge, but lossless.

MP3, like WMA, are 'lossy' formats. If you can stand losing some quality
(and to my ears, it ain't much, esp. on voice), MP3 and WMA could be
acceptable.

My concern is that these will be lrge files and may crash the hard drive?

If you don't have enough room for WAVs, then use one of the other three
formats.
--
Nobody but a fool goes into a federal counterrorism operation without duct tape - Richard Preston, THE COBRA EVENT.