Old August 25th 17, 01:28 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,free.uk.amateur-radio,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc
Brian Reay[_5_] Brian Reay[_5_] is offline

Default Campaign to upgrade Mike M6MGE to Full

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Spike" wrote in message
On 24/08/2017 23:26, rickman wrote:

I guess I feel the guy should get some sort of commendation. I was
impressed with his cool head and he clearly knew what to do. Isn't there
some other means of recognizing him than a license? That actually seems a
bit less than what could be done.

A much better idea would have been to nominate him for a civilian honour,
which is far better understood than any upgraded licence would have been.
It's what civilian honours are for, after all.

[UKRA added]

well I want one for all the times I have phoned 999 .........

As I predicted Steve, the usual rejects want to jump on you idea and abuse
it. Perhaps you can now understand some of my concerns.