Old December 28th 03, 01:59 AM
Steve Silverwood

In article , endor37@skip-
the-spam.hotmail.com says...
I'm planning to run 6 RG11 feeds for my DishTV setup. What is the best
way of making sure the connections are *waterproof* indefinately.

I'm using T&B SNS connectors on the cable and where the connection
meets the LNB, I'm thinking about using some sorta of silicone grease
sealant on the threds, plenty of wrapping with Scotch 88 tape and then
a coat of Skotchcoat.

We used to have some stuff in the Air Force called "F-4 tape" which
worked great for this sort of thing. It's kind of like a putty tape, in
rolls with plastic separating each layer of the tape. You wrap up the
connector like you would with electrical tape, only stretching the tape
a bit as you go. What happens is the tape molds itself together around
the connector and provides a very water-tight seal around the whole tape
job. Not sure if it's available on the civilian market but if so it's a
great item to have handy.

--

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS