Old January 8th 04, 07:15 PM
Jim Leder

Yep, had one here also. Works OK, but don't get it too high above ground. I
hung mine from a tree limb about 25 feet up at the top and tied it off to a
brick with some rope at the bottom. When 10 was open it worked quite a bit
of DX with 100 watts, but what doesn't on 10 when it's open :+)) .

"Desmoface" wrote in message
Hey kids..I know gap kind of does this..but anyone think a verticle dipole
would work...basically a vertical fed in the center...Im wanting a good 10
meter antenna for local stuff and was thinking about a conventional
vertical..than I thought maybe I could do without the radial system and

ground
loss issue but just putting up a vertical dipole for 10...any thoughts??

Steve
kb8viv