Old January 2nd 04, 08:09 AM
Radioman

I have a Kenwood TM-231A that I am trying to modify the frequency range. When I got it the radio was able to receive from low
2-meter frequencies to 160mhz plus but the transmit was only to about 148mhz. When I tried the installation of the D209 diode per
the modifications instructions and service manual I lost the upper receive frequencies and only had the 2 meter frequencies. Is
there something I am missing? Is there some other component that needs to be added or removed? Does the CPU have to be reset in
any way.

Also I do not have the TSU-6 tone board installed. Will the radio still produce encode tones and if so, how do I change tones?
Please respond by email. Thanks, 73's and Happy New Year to all. Don smith KB6GQA

Turn off your HTML and then try this link:
http://www.mods.dk/mods.php3?model=tm-231&radio=kenwood