Old January 8th 04, 08:08 PM
w4jle

It drives me nuts, because at the 25 Hz frame rate I can see the flicker.
After a few days in Merry Ole', I get used to it and don't notice it.

Every trip back to England requires a day or so to get my brain to ignore
the flicker. The other monitors you refereed to do indeed have 47 Hz refresh
rates, but they are non-interlaced video.

"Brian Potter" wrote in message
"w4jle" W4JLE(remove this to wrote in
:

Yes here in the UK we have a refresh rate of 50Hz on our PAL standard
sets compared to 60Hz on NTSC standard TVs but I can't think why it would
drive you nuts? If that's the case, you should be going mad constantly
when looking at PC monitors, EPOS displays and ATM machines as most have
different refresh rates from 47Hz upwards!