Old January 8th 04, 11:09 PM
Bob Miller

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 10:36:32 -0600, Cecil Moore
wrote:

Bob Miller wrote:
The coax choke hangs just outside the window, so I don't have to bring
the ladderline into the shack. About 5 or 6 feet of rg-8x run inside
to the antenna tuner. The whole setup tunes a 44-ft dipole fine on 30m
thru 10M.

I'm not aware of what effect that short length of coax would have.

If the SWR on that coax is not 1:1, it will transform the impedance
seen at the balun by the percentage of a wavelength that "5 or 6
feet" represent - about 7 degrees on 80m and about 57 degrees on 10m.

Thanks, Cecil. That's a good excuse to just go ahead and shorten my
balun connections.

Bob
k5qwg