Old January 9th 04, 12:51 AM
Ron

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 13:40:50 -0500, Murray Green, K3BEQ wrote:

Can any of you antenna pros out there tell me what would be the expected
life span for a Cell Wave 4 element vertical dipole? Do not have the
model number but the cost was close to $600 when purchased. The antenna
is cut for 2 meters. Realize that a number of factors can be involved
such as weather conditions, area installed etc. In this case it is up
80' off ground level and 300' above sea level just outside of WashDC.

Second question. I recognize that Cellwave has an excellent reputation.
Are there any other antenna companies that may compare or exceed
Cellwave antenna products in performance and durability?

Thanks.
73 Murray, K3BEQ

That antenna will need some service to achieve a long life. The problem is
when the Coax harness deteriorates with time, I would expect that you will
need to replace or repair the harness ever 10-20 years or so. Most
antennas of this class fail from physical damage. Lightening, Ice Damage,
Tower climbers. or something else that physically damages the antenna.

Others in the class are Decibel, Andrew, Sinclair, Kathrein - Scala,
Maxrad.

Ron
N5HYH