Old January 16th 04, 06:30 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Daniel J. Morlan" wrote in message
om...
Here's my rig:

IC-V8000 with an X50 Antenna... (2M/440 BASE VERTICAL 4DB/7DB)

Gettin' the ol' feet wet soon!

I have a certificate of completion, and the guy told me I could
transmit with it. This has me more-or-less scratching my head, as I
was led to believe I could only transmit once I'm in the FCC database.
Don't want to start yakking it up before I can legally do so.

I'm excited, though. Can't wait to get on the air. :-)

And now I can say 73, and have it count.

73

DJM

P.S. I don't know if this is mediocre, but I missed two of the
questions.

Do you have a call yet? Don't sound like it. You can't put out a signal
without a callsign.

If you do have a callsign, and you upgraded from a Novice ticket, then you
can operate with your callsign and append it with /at (slash amateur
technician).

Dan/W4NTI