Old November 23rd 17, 09:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
[email protected] johnnieace45@gmail.com is offline

Default The old Morgain antenna from the 60's

On Friday, October 18, 2002 at 4:47:42 PM UTC-7, Newalternatives wrote:
The Morgain antenna was a multiband dipole put other with spreaders between
dipoles for different bands and fed with one coax. It might have been a
somewhat short antenna, I don't recall. Does anyone know if (and who) produces
a similar animal. When I try to make something similar, the elements get
tangled up with one another.

I found one at a hamfest, it is for 10,15,20,40 and folded dipole at 75 or 80. It works great, with a 1:1 current balun I can use my tuner and use both ssb and cw part of the bands, if I stay on SSB I can run all bands without a tuner. It works very nice indeed.
73
N1GMV