Old January 23rd 04, 05:19 AM
Milt Leskoe

"ARRL Philosophy" wrote in message
link.net...
I canceled my Leage membership after their first restructuring proposal

for
amateur radio. Now, after seeing their new proposal, I wish I had NEVER
been a member! Seems the Arrl philosophy is that: if ham radio is to
survive it MUST sound like CB.

Tee'd Off

You may have cancelled your ARRL Membership, but I am afraid
that the greater percentage of hams will continue to send their Yearly
subscription (tribute?) to the snooty yankees in their ivy covered brick
walls at 225 Main Street, just like they have continued to do so for
the past 5-10-20-30+ Years. Just like the lemmings they are, they just
cannot seem to pry themselves away from that shi+ self-serving magazine
that's in reality, more advertising than relative topic. Truly pathetic.

(Tell me, does the ink in QST still rub off onto
your thumb when you rub the print like it used
to do in the 70's and 80's - before I wised up
and left these *******s subscripton letter in file 19?)

What I mean to say is, do they still use the same thin cheap paper stock
and that
half-assed ink that not only smells like acetone solvent, but is of a worse
grade than the ink used for the daily newspaper, which is usually cheaper.
Makes you wonder if their printer back then was some
New Haven sweatshop factory, staffed with min-wage wetbacks that ducked
outta sight whenever the INS van pulled up in the parking lot out
front.....)