Old December 6th 17, 11:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Derek Schur Derek Schur is offline

Default Low Cost 6M Transciever?

To cut to the chase, I''m in the market for a transciver that can
cover the 6 Meter band, and I'd like some advice. What I'm looking
for, is as follows.At a minumum, I wuld like to have at least 15 to 25
watts of Output Power.Coverage of the 6 Meter band is an obvious
(minimum) requrement, though as many other bands as is possible would
be nice. I'm hoping that at least some portion of 2M/1.25M/70CM/33CM
is possible, but I'll take what I can get. Being a HT would also be
nice, though I have little hope of this point being within my budget.

With that said, I'm on a rather tight budget, and am not willing to
spend substantially more then $200 (US Dollars) (nothing is absolute.
But I would need an EXTRORDINARY motivation, to go over, say, $225.),
and would strongly prefer to spend comething closer to $100 to $150.

So, does the communnity have any advice on what would make for a good,
low cost 6 Meter Transciever?