Old January 23rd 04, 08:29 PM
Art Harris

"Tom W" wrote:

In fact, http://www.qsl.net/ecara/wayback/page14.html goes on to say:

"On May 3, 1963, the ARRL Board of Directors adopted their official
position on incentive licensing. Their proposal would completely take
away all General and Conditional class phone privileges on 75, 40, 20,
and 15 meters in a two-year phase-in period. In other words, the
ARRL's incentive licensing would only allow HF phone operation for
Generals and Conditionals on 10 meters and on the small sliver of 160
meters that was available in the days of LORAN Radionavigation.

Great article! Thanks for posting that link. I learned a few things I
never knew before. (I was just starting to get interested in radio in
1963.)

It's amazing that ham radio has survived at all when you consider how
much needless tinkering with the license structure has gone on over
the years, and how much discontent it has created.

Art Harris N2AH