Old December 22nd 17, 10:25 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,alt.folklore.computers,uk.rec.models.engineering
Brian Reay[_5_] Brian Reay[_5_] is offline

Default Pepper and Salt! (Condiments of the season) :-)

On 2017-12-22, Charles Richmond wrote:
On 12/21/2017 3:24 PM, Richard Stearn wrote:
Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:
Gareth's Downstairs Computer
wrote:
A very merry and satisfying Christmas and a happy new year
to all my readership.

And, on the basis that I'm finally getting around to
learning Cymraeg (Welsh), ...

... Nadolig LLawen!

How do you say "Not guilty" in Welsh, G? You might want to practice that
one, just in case.

yn ddieuog

You'll need to do better than that... I don't have my Enigma machine
handy!!! ;-)

A few years ago, I stoppped for a couple of days at a farmhouse near
Carmarten(sp) . Nice people, most Welsh people are. I asked the
housewife how she did in Welsh.

"I miss some nuances, of course, I am from North Wales, only been
living here for fifty years."

Even in with accents and dialects, not even entirely different
languages, you can move short distances and hear differences- if not
pick up on there significance. Perhaps less so now people tend to
travel more, of course TV, radio all play a part.

As a child, I had relatives who lived within 6 or 7 miles of us and
their dialect was quite different. Relatives of a similar age who lived
closer didn't show the same differences. At times it really was a bit of
an issue.

are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud