Old January 25th 04, 07:53 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Arthur Harris" wrote in message
. ..
The anonymous "KeyBoard In The Wilderness" wrote:
I write my government reps and the ARRL regularly -- do you ??

I did write ARRL when I was a member, and also spoke to their reps at club
meetings. But they always seemed more interested in justifying the

positions
the League was committed to than listening to members' ideas.

Did you try running for office yourself or, if you lacked time to run,
encouraging others with your views to run for office?

There comes a time when you have to think and act for yourself. If the
League is going to pander to the "give me a free upgrade" crowd, then

let
that crowd support them. I dropped my membership a few years ago after
seeing the League's "re-structuring" proposal.

Well you can drop out and scream on the NG's or you can work with and

thru
the ARRL to get things done.

I'm not screaming, just stating my opinion. I was a League member for many
years. But when they repeatedly take positions on important issues that I
think are wrong, why should I continue to support them? If they feel that
the long-time hams will always support them no matter what, they will
continue to ignore us and take us for granted. Perhaps if enough of the

Old
Timers drop out, they will get the message.

Did you try running for office yourself or, if you lacked time to run,
encouraging others with your views to run for office?

Old timers dropping out will not do a thing. There are enough new people
coming in that they won't even notice. Instead we will be left with an even
more unbalanced viewpoint.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE