Old December 24th 17, 09:05 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,alt.folklore.computers,uk.rec.models.engineering
rickman rickman is offline

Default Pepper and Salt! (Condiments of the season) :-)

Ahem A Rivet's Shot wrote on 12/24/2017 1:45 AM:
On Sat, 23 Dec 2017 23:17:53 -0500
rickman wrote:

230 what? 230 Mbps would be insanely fast and 230 kbps is insanely
slow. I have around 7 Mbps peak and I'm happy with that. I can watch

Wow! Even on the rural west coast of Ireland I get 70Mbps fixed
wireless, in the nearest town gigabit is on offer but the fibres don't get
out here.

I'm in the middle of no and where. There's no cable. I was lucky enough to
get a wireless provider who doesn't sell a cell phone like plan with data
caps, etc. The PC software says I use around 60 GB a month which would be a
major extra charge with most wireless providers.

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998