Old December 24th 17, 02:16 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,alt.folklore.computers,uk.rec.models.engineering
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Pepper and Salt! (Condiments of the season) :-)

In article , says...

That has happened to so many companies - Tweeter, Circuit City, Radio
Shack... it almost happened to Best Buy and could still happen to old chains
like J.C. Pennys, Sears and K-Mart.

Companies which don't keep up with the rest of the world fail eventually.

Unless they are public utilities with a profit guaranteed by the public
service commission.

Even a public utility is no guarentee.

California Power and LIght (think that is the name, or close) went
under. I don't know all the details about it but I do know I lost about
$ 2000 worth of stock that I had invested in them. The company
continued to produce poewr,but the owners (stock holders) lost
everything.