Old January 26th 04, 02:01 PM
Mike Coslo

William wrote:

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message igy.com...

"William" wrote in message
.com...

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message

igy.com...

Old timers dropping out will not do a thing. There are enough new

people

coming in that they won't even notice. Instead we will be left with an

even

more unbalanced viewpoint.

Depends on your point of view. I'm going to encourage more cranky old
hams to drop out.

Although new versus old does cause friction, the balance is still needed.
The new bring fresh enthusiasm and new ideas. The old have the experience
to weigh these ideas and modify them so they will work or to spot ideas that
have been tried in the past and known to fail. We need both old and new.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Here we go again with the demographics. The ARS is a geriatric service.

Too bad they took the birth date out of the database.

She's *kind* of right, Brian. I'd modify it that the oldsters should be
the helpful type, not the ones spitting bile about how awful or stupid
everyone is anymore. 8^) I really enjoy talking with old timers about
ham radio and radio in general as long as I don't get an earful of vitriol.

- Mike KB3EIA -