Old January 26th 04, 04:36 PM
Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL

"Screw'em" wrote in
news:c1%Qb.118600$5V2.616514@attbi_s53:

I am with the poster who sed:

-- I have a completely different opinion!

Join the ARRL today! \

73 From The Wilderness Keyboard

I won't join the ARRL because full membership now requires a frontal
lobotomy. If you see your section manager or Division director at a
meeting or Hamfest, ask them how their surgury went, then slap the
**** out of them for me.

I'm afraid you *will* need to slap them in order to get their attention.
The BOD doesn't listen to members or hams like me anymore.

If the ARRL leadership had cared about the state of amateur radio and the
quality of its operators, they never would have made the proposals that
they've made over the last 11 years. To them its let us get more morons
licensed so we can get more money in the ole bank account. The ARRL
leadership doesn't care for quality, capable operators. But their plan
will back fire on them and ham radio has and will suffer. When you hand
free licenses to everyone, those people don't appreciate it and probably
won't buy a membership. You always appreciate something more when you
had to work harder to get it and you'll take care of it. But to the ARRL
it's all about money and I'll bet anyone in this group that if they get
their way with their proposal they will offer a 12 dollar discount to new
ham non-members like they did at the last restructuring. "Take a ham
test, and we'll discount new membership on the price of your VEC test
fee!"

Oh well, Nuff said. Most of you don't care anyway. Back to listening to
the lids and CBer type behavior on the bands. 73

KB7ADL