Old January 30th 04, 11:19 PM
Daniel J. Morlan

I have asked... They don't know. They were not particularly
supportive of his hobby anyway.

I have no idea who QCWA is, but I'll look 'em up.

73, KG6TKA

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message link.net...
Try the QCWA Quarter Century Wireless Association. Its on the internet.

Drop them an e-mail. They have old call books.

If its real old they may have him listed by his name and then the call. Not
sure on that tho.

How about asking his kin what they remember his call was?

Dan/W4NTI

"Daniel J. Morlan" wrote in message
om...
Is there a database anywhere in the world that has all of the names
and addresses of every licensed ham there ever was? My grandfather,
John W. Tolson (or Wilson J. Tolson, probably more accurately. He
used his middle name) was a ham from the early to mid 50's, possibly
until his death in 1983. He was probably first licensed in Hawaii,
then California, then Utah.

I know his son and grandsons are licensees, but I'm a lot more curious
about his license specifically, and possibly the length of time some
of these four-letter callsigners have had their callsigns. Is there
such a database available to the public? I'd sure love to get my
grandfather's old callsign. At least to know what it was.

73, KG6TKA

Daniel