Old January 12th 18, 11:12 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info
RadioInsight via rec.radio.broadcasting Admin RadioInsight via rec.radio.broadcasting Admin is offline

Default RadioInsight for Friday 12 January 2018

RadioInsight

104.5 The Zone Expands Local Daytime Programming

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...e-programming/

From RadioInsight

Cumulus Sports 104.5 The Zone WGFX Gallatin/Nashville TN announced it is
revamping its schedule to feature All Local, All Day starting Monday,
January 15.

The stations new schedule will feature locally produced programming from
6am to 7pm weekdays as the syndicated Dan Patrick Show is dropped from the
10am-12pm slot. To fill the void, the Midday 180 Show hosted by Chad
Withrow, Jonathon Hutton and Paul Kuharsky will move from 12-3pm to
10am-2pm. The three hosts have also signed new multi-year contract
extensions with the station.

A show that no longer means what its called, 3HL (Formerly Three Hour
Lunch) will now air for four hours from 2-6pm with hosts Brent Dougherty,
Mickey Ryan and Dawn Davenport still in place. The Wake Up Zone with Mark
Howard, Kevin Ingram and Blaine Bishop remains in mornings from 6-10am.

Cumulus Media announces that Nashville’s #1 Sports Station, 104.5 The
Zone/WGFX-FM will expand its local sports coverage with an enhanced
programming lineup that is all local, all day long, and kicks off Monday,
January 15, 2018. 104.5 The Zone made the announcement today during a live
broadcast from Providence, RI, during the AFC Divisional Round 2 Playoffs
featuring the Tennessee Titans vs. the New England Patriots. 104.5 The Zone
is the official radio home of the Tennessee Titans.

104.5 The Zone also announced that it has re-signed on-air personalities
Chad Withrow, Jonathon Hutton and Paul Kuharsky, hosts of the Midday 180
show, to multi-year contracts. Concurrent with the announcement, the Midday
180 show will be expanded to a four-hour broadcast, airing weekdays from
10am-2pm, following The Wake Up Zone morning show. In addition, the popular
3HL show with Brent Dougherty, Mickey Ryan and Dawn Davenport will also be
adding an hour to its broadcast, airing weekdays from 2pm – 6pm. The Wake
Up Zone with Mark Howard, Kevin Ingram and Blaine Bishop continues daily
from 6am-10am.

*

Brad Willis, Program Director, 104.5 The Zone, said: “104.5 The Zone has
long been Nashville’s pre-eminent sports station, and in an effort to
devote more time to Nashville’s continually evolving sports landscape, we
feel like it’s time that we are all local, all day long. I look forward to
having our team cover the teams and sports that are important to Nashville,
non-stop from 6am till 6pm every weekday.”

*

Midday 180 hosts Chad Withrow, Jonathan Hutton and Paul Kuharsky noted:
“There have been plenty of days when we’ve signed off at 3 p.m. saying, We
had more. We’re grateful that Cumulus and 104.5 The Zone are now giving us
time to get to all of it. We look forward to loading up with even more
great interviews with important people, giving you more commentary on the
local teams and the issues of the day and spending additional time making
each other — and hopefully our audience — laugh. Our commitment to you
remains the same: In and out of season, we will crush on a daily basis.”

*

3HL hosts Brent Dougherty, Mickey Ryan and Dawn Davenport added: “Nashville
sports fans are the best in the country and we are excited about the
opportunity to spend more time with them. During that time we plan to
continue to focus heavily on the sports and story lines that are most
important to our listeners.”

The post 104.5 The Zone Expands Local Daytime Programming appeared first on
RadioInsight.

WJXN Goes From Hot To G Under Alpha LMA

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...t-g-alpha-lma/

From RadioInsight

Alpha Media has begun operating Classic Hip-Hop Hot 100.9 WJXN-FM
Utica/Jackson MS under LMA from Flinn Broadcasting and has rebranded the
station as G100.9.

The move comes with the station dropping the Westwood One syndicated
programming lineup for Alphas in-house music. WJXN-FM becomes Alphas
seventh station in the Jackson market joining Urban 99 Jams 99.7 WJMI,
Sports 105.9 The Zone WRKS, Urban AC Kixie 107.5 WKXI, News/Talk 1180 WJNT,
Gospel 1300 WOAD, and Sports 1400 The Fan WJQS.

Flinn had flipped WJXN-FM to Classic Hip-Hop in October 2017.

The post WJXN Goes From Hot To G Under Alpha LMA appeared first on
RadioInsight.

iHeartMedia Promotes Doc Wynter To EVP/Urban Hip-Hop Strategy

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...-hop-strategy/

From RadioInsight

iHeartMedia has created a new position for Doc Wynter in its National
Programming Group.

Wynter, who currently serves as Program Director for Real 92.3 KRRL Los
Angeles and oversees the companys Urban formatted stations across the
country as Senior Vice President of Urban Programming, will gain the new
title of Executive Vice President of Urban/Hip-Hop Programming Strategy.
Wynter has been with the company and its predecessors since 1989.

iHeartMedia announced today that its National Programming Group has
elevated renowned programming veteran Doc Wynter to the new position of
Executive Vice President of Urban/Hip-Hop Programming Strategy, effective
immediately. He will report to Tom Poleman, Chief Programming Officer for
iHeartMedia.

In his new role, Wynter will continue to oversee iHeartMedia’s Urban and
Hip-Hop brand formats and work to improve the company’s Urban brands in its
over 150 markets. In addition, he will continue to guide and develop the
company’s roster of Urban and Hip-Hop programmers and on-air talent, and
book artists and produce events for iHeartMedia including REAL 92.3’s The
REAL Show. Wynter will also remain in his role of Program Director of
iHeartMedia’s REAL 92.3, LAs Home for Hip Hop.

“No one understands Urban and Hip-Hop programming like Doc and we’re
thrilled he’s expanding his role leading iHeartMedia’s programming strategy
for those key formats,” said Rich Bressler, President, Chief Operating
Officer and Chief Financial Officer for iHeartMedia. “He’s been
instrumental in launching several of our Urban and Hip-Hop stations
nationwide and we’re excited for him to be even more hands-on with all of
our Urban brands in our over 150 markets.”

Wynter will celebrate 29 years with iHeartMedia in January and most
recently served as Senior Vice President of Urban Programming and Urban
Brand Manager for the company. He began overseeing the company’s urban
radio stations in late 1999 and has launched several well-known iHeartMedia
brands, such as Power 105.1 FM in New York City, REAL 92.3 in Los Angeles,
V101.5 in Jacksonville and The Beat in cities that include Houston, Miami,
Tampa and Nashville. Wynter has worked closely with national radio
personalities The Breakfast Club, Big Boy, Steve Harvey and Keith Sweat. He
will also continue to program and manage all Urban and Urban AC content for
iHeartRadio Custom stations, including The Beat, All My Jamz and more. In
2017, he was named to Radio Ink’s Best Program Directors in America list
and Billboard’s first-ever Hip-Hop Power Players list.

“Urban radio has been my passion for as long as I can remember,” said
Wynter. “Having worked with iHeartMedia for almost three decades, I know we
have some of the best programmers and on-air personalities in radio. I
can’t wait to help our Region and Market Presidents provide their local
Urban and Hip-Hop music fans with one-of-a-kind listening experiences that
only a company like iHeartMedia can create.”

The post iHeartMedia Promotes Doc Wynter To EVP/Urban Hip-Hop Strategy
appeared first on RadioInsight.

Station Sales Week Of 1/12: New York Franken-FM Gets New Owner

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...ets-new-owner/

From RadioInsight

NY Metro Radio Korea is exercising its option to purchase WNYZ-LP New York
as affiliate Sound of Long Island will pay $1.75 million for the station.
The LPTV station operates as a pseudo radio station on 87.7 and has carried
the groups Korean language programming since 2010.

After splitting the North South Dakota properties of the estate of Janice
Ingstad in November per their settlement, Tanya ‘Tami’ Ingstad Knudson,
Todd Ingstad, Robert J. Ingstad, and Tallie Colville have sold News/Talk Ag
News 1030 KBUF Holcomb, AC “Mix 94.5” KSKL Scott City, Country “Q97” 97.3
KKJQ Garden City, CHR “Z98” 98.1 KSKZ Copeland, Sports “ESPN Garden City”
99.9 KWKR Leoti, Regional Mexican “Ke Buena 105.9” KSSA Ingalls, and
Classic Hits 106.7 KULY-FM/1420 KULY Ulysses to Southwind Broadcasting for
$2.4 million. Mark Yearout, former General Sales Manager for Entercom
Wichita, has joined Southwind as Managing Partner. Southwind began
operating the stations via LMA on January 1.

North Country Radio acquires Silent 105.5 WLPW Lake Placid NY from Radio
Lake Placid for $32,500. The buyers own AC 93.3 WSLP Saranac Lake and are
in the process of purchasing 1240 WNBZ Saranac Lake from the seller for
$6,000.

Interlochen Center For The Arts sells 100.9 WICV East Jordan/Petoskey MI to
Northern Christian Radio for $150,000. The station will flip from a
simulcast of the sellers Classical 88.7 WIAA Interlochen/Traverse City to
the buyers Christian AC Promise FM network.

Woodward Broadcasting sells Farm/Country 1370 KSUM and Classic Rock 106.5
KFMC-FM Fairmont MN to City of Lakes Media for $800,000. The purchasing
group is led by Matthew Ketelsen and includes the other partners of Linder
Radio Groups multiple licensees across Minnesota and Iowa.
Translator Sales

Kevin Youngers sells 92.9 K225CA Del Valle/Austin TX to Educational Media
Foundation for $325,000. K225CA already rebroadcasts EMFs 92.5 KVLR Sunset
Valley.

Ryan Media acquires 96.1 W241CK Jeffersonville IN/Louisville KY from
Charles Anderson for $200,000. The translator already rebroadcasts the
buyers Big X Sports 1450 WXVW Jeffersonville.

Centro Cristiano de Vida Eterna acquires 92.9 K225CE Hillsboro and 96.5
K243BO Roma TX from Wendolynn Tellez for $100,000. K225CE will rebroadcast
Siga Broadcastings 1140 KHFX Cleburne and K243BO will rebroadcast Paulino
Bernals Spanish Christian Radio Cristiana 1210 KUBR San Juan.

FCR Broadcasting sells 96.3 W242BH Marshall MI to Smile FM for $10,000.
W242BH will rebroadcast their Christian AC network via 88.1 WLGH Leroy
Township/Lansing.

FCR Broadcasting also sells 97.5 W248AP Chesterton IN to Larry Langford for
$12,500. W248AP will rebroadcast Gerard Medias Talk/Classic Hits 1420 WIMS
Michigan City IN.

The post Station Sales Week Of 1/12: New York Franken-FM Gets New Owner
appeared first on RadioInsight.

The Athletic: Late Nights with Les Grobstein are a treasure and will never,
ever suck

https://theathletic.com/209414/2018/...ver-ever-suck/

From RadioInsight

The post The Athletic: Late Nights with Les Grobstein are a treasure and
will never, ever suck appeared first on RadioInsight.

Launch Date & Co-Host Announced For Guy Phillips' KTRS Show

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...rs-afternoons/

From RadioInsight

CH Radio Holdings Talk 550 KTRS St. Louis has set a launch date and co-host
from Guy Phillips new show.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that Phillips, who exited Hot AC Y98
98.1 KYKY after 38 years in September to join KTRS, will make his debut on
Monday, February 12. He will be joined by co-host Julie Buck. A member of
the St. Louis media dynasty that includes her father Jack Buck (former St.
Louis Cardinals and national MLB/NFL broadcaster), brother Joe Buck (FOXs
MLB NFL lead play-by-play voice) and sister Christine (longtime KPLR-TV
anchor/reporter), she has previously hosted afternoons at KYKY and mornings
at Classic Hits 103.3 KLOU.

Phillips has been waiting out his non-compete agreement with CBS
Radio/Entercom to debut on KTRS.

Original Report 9/20: After 38 years with CBS Hot AC Y98 98.1 KYKY St.
Louis, Guy Phillips is leaving the station and his Phillips Company
morning show and plans to join CH Radio Holdings Talk 550 KTRS for
afternoons.

As first reported by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Phillips will exit KYKY
in November and debut in afternoons at KTRS in January. He had signed a
multi-year contract extension to remain with KYKY earlier this year. At
KTRS he will fill the opening created by Frank O. Pinions move to 590 KFNS.

Guy Phillips joined then CHR Q98 KSLQ in March 1979. The station would soon
flip to AC and then take on the Y98 brand and KYKY call letters in 1982.
Longtime co-hosts Courtney Landrum, Jen Myers, Kevin Ihe Intern Berghoff
and Lance Hildebrand are expected to remain in place once Phillips exits.

(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if
(d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
js.src
= 'https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.11';
fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,
fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));

Guy Phillips has an announcement hed like to share with you.

Posted by Y98 St. Louis on Wednesday, September 20, 2017

The post Launch Date Co-Host Announced For Guy Phillips KTRS Show appeared
first on RadioInsight.

Indianapolis Business Journal: WNDE sacks 'Flagrant Foul' morning sports
show with Stuck, Gunn

https://www.ibj.com/articles/67027-w...ith-stuck-gunn

From RadioInsight

The post Indianapolis Business Journal: WNDE sacks Flagrant Foul morning
sports show with Stuck, Gunn appeared first on RadioInsight.

Dick Broadcasting Makes Cuts At Its Recent Acquisitions

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...-acquisitions/

From RadioInsight

Dick Broadcasting has made staffing cuts in each of the three markets it
recently acquired from Alpha Media.

In New Bern NC, Program Director/Afternoon Host Tina Smash and night host
Ryan Daniels exit Rock 105 105.5 WXQR Jacksonville. Smashs programming
duties will be consolidated in-house.

Mark Shark Eddis is out as Production Director for the Savannah/Hilton Head
market as well as afternoon host at Classic Hip-Hop G100.1 WXYY Rincon GA.
Also out in Savannah is Rock 106.1 WFXH-FM Hilton Head Island APD/Night
Host Ryan Koch. WFXH has also replaced the syndicated Lex & Terry Show with
Two Guys Named Chris based at sister Rock 92 WKRR Greensboro.

Dick has also eliminated the Business Manager position in New Bern, Myrtle
Beach, and Savannah with those duties being absorbed into the companys
offices in Greensboro.

The post Dick Broadcasting Makes Cuts At Its Recent Acquisitions appeared
first on RadioInsight.