Old January 24th 18, 10:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] allisellis851@gmail.com is offline

Default ego alert - revisited

On Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 12:30:57 PM UTC-6, fred k. engels® wrote:
HOLY **** hole Pai !!!!!!!!!
Russian spy ship off the coast

wrote in message

On Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 8:20:26 AM UTC-6, Joe from Kokomo wrote:
In article , Joe from Kokomo
writes:

Joe from Kokomo wrote:
From yahoo news...

???Actually??? he [trumpo] continued, ???throughout my life, my two
greatest
assets have been mental stability and being, like, really
smart???.???

Not only is the president a genius, according to him, but ???a very
stable
genius at that.???

On 1/9/2018 8:02 AM, wrote:

Unlike the respectable information sources, you chose to selectively
edit
the message so that you seem to have stronger evidence for your claim
than
is actually present.

I respectfully submit that I did not edit anything. I just *directly*
quoted yahoo news. Furthermore, I have seen the tapes of trumpo saying
exactly what he was quoted by yahoo as saying -- so not sure where your
"edited" claim is coming from.

On 1/22/2018 6:33 AM, George Cornelius wrote:

OK, you just copied anything that agreed with your biases.

If someone is doing something wrong and you call them out on it, that
can hardly be called "bias".

Now let's see
what an authoritative news source says:

"Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental
stability and being, like, really smart," he added. He said he was a
"VERY successful businessman" and television star who won the
presidency
on his first try. "I think that would qualify as not smart, but
genius....
and a very stable genius at that!"

Where to start?

It is questionable that he is a "VERY successful businessman". He has
NEVER shown his tax returns, many financial publications (more
knowledgeable than you or me) question the wealth trump brags about, he
has had SIX bankruptcies. If you are a good business man, you have a
positive cash flow -- and if you have a positive cash flow, there is no
need for bankruptcy.

However, trumpo IS a con man. I hope that you have not already forgotten
the great trump "university" con, proven in court to be nothing but a con.

A "great" business man? That is open to debate. A con man? That is a
proven fact.

As to being stable, I will show you two or three articles from the
[Republican, conservative] Wall Street Journal that called trump both
erratic and UN-stable.

The above is from the New York Times, hardly a bastion of conservative
reporting. I had read it from a borrowed copy of the newspaper as I
was eating lunch at my neighborhood convenience store.

Nothing special about the segway into calling himself a genius,
but it was a bit of indirection - nuance if you will - in that
he provided a syllogism: premise, premise, conclusion, where
the conclusion began "I think that would qualify me as...".

"Nothing special" about calling himself a genius??? trump's massive and
malignant narcissism is clear to almost everyone, layman and mental
health professionals alike, possibly you being the rare exception.

Hard to argue with it. Anyone who makes a billion dollars qualifies
as having a genius for something.

Again, no tax returns. Also some have said that if he took the money he
inherited from his father and invested it, he would be worth more than
he is now. But without the tax returns, who knows?

Winning the presidency the way he did - something unprecedented
as well.

What do you mean by winning "the way he did" and "unprecedented"? MANY
presidents have won the first time they ran -- nothing unusual there.

With apologies to the racists out there in net land, it was
"unprecedented" for someone of African-American heritage to win the
presidency -- twice. So much for your "unprecedented".

George

[Above _significantly_ delayed due to problems accessing aioe.org
back when we were having our discussion. Improved by changing from
my recollection of what I had read to grabbing the original NY Times
text.]

CIA Director just told everyone the truth.
www.redstatewatcher.com

There are always spies (ships) off the coasts of everywhere, and satellites wayyyyy up yonder in orbit and Russian spy planes. www.jimstone.is