Old January 29th 18, 11:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
J.B. Wood[_2_] J.B. Wood[_2_] is offline

Default [IW5EDI] Magnetic Loops by W2BRI

On 01/28/2018 02:47 AM, IW5EDI via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin wrote:

IW5EDI Simone - Ham-Radio

Magnetic Loops by W2BRI

http://www.iw5edi.com/ham-radio/2346...ic-loops-w2bri

Article by W2BRI

After many requests by Ben W4KSY*, someone I consider to be my loop
mentor, I decided to post a page about my 80 meter magnetic loop.

Hello, and hams just won't stop bundling that descriptor "magnetic" with
loop antennas. When we're talking about far-field (at least several
wavelengths away, a receive antenna responds to a propagating
electromagnetic field (or photons if you're so inclined). The far-field
receiving antenna most certainly doesn't respond solely to the E- or
H-field of an incident electromagnetic wave. The fact that a given
axis/plane of the antenna might align with the E or H component of the
wave is just a coincidence of the antenna geometry and its attitude
relative to the incident wave. sign Maybe I need to design an
"electric" loop antenna. Sincerely, and 73s from N4GGO,
--
J. B. Wood e-mail: