Old February 1st 18, 05:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Patty Winter Patty Winter is offline

Default Programs For A Mac User ?

In article , Bob wrote:
Hi Folks,

Am hoping some of you folks might have some suggestions.

I have migrated from Windows to become a new MAC user.

I think you mean "Mac," since you've already been using MAC addresses
on your Windows system.

Am dismayed about the (total ?) lack of programs related to sw radio
that there are. Actually, couldn't find any.

Lots of iPhone iOS Apps, but they don't work on the MAC OS

a. What I would like to find are some (no hardware req. on my side)
programs that I could listen to sw broadcasts with. Any ?

Does it need to be a dedicated application? Are web-based SDR stations
not suited to your needs? I'm guessing that the dedicated programs allow
you to store favorite frequencies, and perhaps even include built-in
databases of shortwave stations/frequencies/times, is that correct?

b. The same question for aero. communications. Any ?

I use LiveATC--in a browser on my Macs and via their app on my iPhone.

Patty