Old February 19th 04, 05:47 AM
sdl

Rusty In Lousiville,

I had a negative experience and would *not* recommend Universal Radio.
Alternatively, I *would* recommend C Crane Radio and/or Grove Radio:
I have made satisfactory purchases from both.

Good Luck
From sdl in Maryland.

Eric F. Richards wrote:
"Rusty in Louisville" wrote:

I would like to get some opinions about
Universal Radio, Inc., located in Reynoldsburg, Ohio.

My reason for asking is they seem to never ship on time
and always have to back order, sometimes taking 30 days
or more to back order.

I've had similar experiences. You are told the product is in stock
until the order is completed, then they tell you the item is
backordered.

I did want to test a Ten-Tec RX-340 there, and when the lady who
answered the phone asked someone else if I could test the radio, she
was told, "hell no, that's a $4000 radio."

So I drove to Ten-Tec and was given free-reign to play with the

radio.
I bought one, from Ten-Tec, two months later.

All that said, Universal is kinda the lesser of two evils in the
shortwave supply biz. I look elsewhere when I can, such as Ham

Radio
Outlet or one of the myriad national mail-order scanner shops.