Old February 19th 04, 08:35 PM
Dave Heil

Dwight Stewart wrote:

"Rusty in Louisville" wrote:

I would like to get some opinions
about Universal Radio, Inc., located
in Reynoldsburg, Ohio. (snip)

I've had mixed results with Universal Radio - one order went well and
another didn't. I've had slightly better results with Burghardt
(www.burghardt-amateur.com) and their prices are often better. However,
since you added a shortwave newsgroup to your message, I should point out
that their primary focus is on Amateur Radio, with very little shortwave
equipment.

I've had less than pleasant experiences with Universal. The staff seems
almost surly and almost equally unfamiliar with the equipment they sell.
Prices are higher, by quite a margin, over other dealers. My personal
preference is R&L Electronics in Hamilton, Ohio, just north of
Cincinnati.

Dave K8MN