Old February 8th 18, 11:07 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Catweazel Catweazel is offline

Default Efficiency of HF mobile antennae?

On 07/02/2018 09:49, Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:
A question for those who work HF mobile; do you feel that
having a loading coil and a short whip materially affects
your QSO capability, as the text books suggest, for if
not it would seem to suggest that we could all manage
with such antennae as our main base air transducers?

Last time I saw a mobile antennae it was attached to a cockroach.
HTH HAND
--

---