Old February 12th 18, 10:57 AM posted to,
FranK Turner-Smith G3VKI FranK Turner-Smith G3VKI is offline
Default Computer / radio isolation for digital (or even voice?)

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
In message , Lucifer
Morningstar writes
On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 11:21:17 +0000, Ian Jackson
In message , Lucifer
Morningstar writes
On Fri, 9 Feb 2018 21:53:50 +0000, Ian Jackson
In message , Gareth's Downstairs Computer
[email protected] com writes

That's a fantastic price. I'm using a 600/600 ohm audio transformer to
isolate an earth-loop problem between the rig and the PC (extracting
audio to feed into the sound card so I can get SSTV and DRM pictures
using MMSTV and Easypal).

I intend to try transmitting DVB-T on 438 Mhz but from what I have
read doing such will result in extra bandwidth due to sidebands.

I'm not sure how wide a single 'programme' DVB-T MUX is - but I suspect
it should fit inside the top end of the band. However, be aware of the
presence of certain non-standard repeater shifts (some up to 7.6MHz, I
think). Aren't some people trying live digital in the 1MHz extension of
2m? You need to check with the BATC.

I have DVB-T encoder modulator that can do 4 programs anywhere
from 30 to 960 Mhz.

But how wide is it when it carries only one 'programme'?

Its width will always be the same, even when switched off.
73 de Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI - mine's a pint.