Old February 14th 18, 05:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] allisellis851@gmail.com is offline

Default insane lying clown

On Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 7:48:02 AM UTC-6, Frank wrote:
On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 20:14:34 -0800, allisellis851 wrote:

fortune.com Trump wants to fire 248 weather forecasters at the National
weather service. I SAYYYY, FIRE All of Them! They aren't worth a
Sheet!

Weather forecasting was one of the first uses of radio in the US.
Weather info was sent by government run stations which allowed real time
tracking of storms.

As I remember, the program was run through the Agricultural Department in
something like 1903.

They must have used spark gap transmitters and probably coherer receivers..

There is a weather guy/Meterologist guy who quit his job a few years ago at a TV station, I think Idaho. Because he knows how effed up and what a bunch of liars most US TV weather departments are. You can get more accurate weather news and weather forecasts from Eupopean weather sources.