Old February 18th 18, 12:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
drifter[_2_] drifter[_2_] is offline

Default Friday, 16th, 2018, Oh Hum...

On 2/17/2018 3:01 PM, wrote:
On Saturday, February 17, 2018 at 9:31:56 AM UTC-6, Frank wrote:
On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 13:59:03 -0500, drifter wrote:

On 2/16/2018 1:02 PM, Frank wrote:
On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 09:38:48 -0800, allisellis851 wrote:

Russians have dandy fist fights too.

I read somewhere that Russian insurance companies like their
policyholders to have dashcams to record possible insurable incidents.
Of course, the dashcams catch every other damn thing, too.

A comet or meteor or whatever streaked over Russia and a least a couple
nifty dashcam videos made it to youtube.

Stop it frank, the repubs need more NRA BLOOD MONEY, and trumpo the
piece of **** needs more NRA BLOOD MONEY...

I have three Russian, actually Soviet, radios. One is a MW LW Alpinist
brand radio. Or however you spell Alpinist in Cyrillic. The radio works
pretty well. Another is a Sokal brand. Again in Cyrillic. AM SW FM
The radio performs poorly and I suspect it has a bad IC. My third Soviet
radio is a Orbita brand radio. That one is a smaller, hand held
portable. It has two bands. AM and a SW band. It's nearly deaf on the
SW band. It's a simple, germanium transistor radio and I don't expect
much from it. It does look kinda pretty. All the writing on the orbita
is in the Roman alphabet which makes me think it was made one of the
Soviet Union's republics like Latvia or maybe the radio was made for
export.

I don't much like working on these radios. The traces lift too easily
from the circuit boards and most of the plastic is polystyrene which is
easily damaged by heat.

activistpost.com 5 Reasons to question the official narrative of the Florida school shooting

Oh Hum,another Russian Troll website for Larry to fawn over...