Old February 18th 18, 07:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] huey419@gmail.com is offline

Default SW rookie...GE shortwave radio 7-2990A info/manual needed

On Sunday, June 4, 2017 at 6:40:31 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, January 11, 2010 at 11:46:35 PM UTC-5, wgregt wrote:
Justis;697594 Wrote:
Both manuals on their way! Enjoy!

Thanks for them both! I didn't even know there were two manuals.

Now...anyone know of a DIY fix parts/instruction for the tuning knob
flaw, or maybe even a shop/someone who can fix it permanently?

--
wgregt

I just got one of these radios and wonder if you could send me the manuals! At any rate, I fixed the tuning bump by buying a gear from an RC hobby shop, 18 tooth, 64 pitch, drilling out the hole to 5/32" and grinding it down to the correct height. Don't hammer the shaft to press on the gear, it will bend.

Hi - trying to repair tuning mechanism on a GE 7-2990. Encountered tuning bump-split gear. Where did you find a replacement gear? Also, any help you could share on grinding, etc. appreciated. Thx!